Saturday, March 9, 2013

God does not simply shut a light bulb from His toilet seat.


What if I was born in a bad place? What if I was born without the ability to reason. That for some reason I'm wired differently and I can't fit into society. What if I was born in a place of war? I would have no opportunity to write in this blog simply because I was constantly worried about survival. Maybe I was born without a competent parent to supply my needs for grow. Maybe in a society that's too conservative or a society that's too liberal. Point is what's the point of asking for a perfect origin?

It's not that life is not perfect, but it's the illusion of perfection that needs to be reconsidered. Why is it considered perfect to have a perfect score in exams? Why is it considered an excellence to win at sports and why is it that earning 5 digits at work is considered secured? Why do we keep gauging people at what they do? Why, when someone expressses their guilt or depression we automatically assume that they're at a worse place than us? Why do we keep ridiculing people's stupidity when they fail to reason in the way
society do? In perfection that they create, it becomes impossible to comply. When we consider God as an archetype of perfection we automatically put our own standard of perfection unto Him. What an idiotic approach.

I think it's evil when we judge people based on origin. Along the way we deny their chance of change. An introvert cannot become an extrovert. A person who can't draw was considered as having no talent. The poor gets poorer the richer gets richer. It's too one sided. It's evil in every sense.

I think it's important to keep the options open. I mean, really open. It's important to keep an open ear when the person I see as stupid and consider every word he says and take it seriously. It's important to keep an open mind when the person you love or respect say something, and take a bold step to doubt it. More importantly, it's important to not simply take answers as absolute. If an answer stop the questioning, I believe that it's wrong in a lot of sense.

I believe a good medium is anything that bogs a person's mind, that stirrs him/her deep inside, that makes them think, feel, disturbed, alive. Nowadays I love my nightmares more than my normal happy dreams. When I wake up with sweat all over my body and my heart beating with intensity, to the dream that almost killed me, I felt moved. I felt closer to myself, closer to death, and each and every breath becomes substantial. Yeah, that's the word I'm searching for. A good medium makes you feel substantial.

I believe that this world has everything it has ever need, and in turn it's only up to us to properly use them. Not being used by them. Don't fret over "I hope we have this and that, so we can do this and that." Rather, "How can we use the things within our reach, so we can propel higher?". This way, perfection is not even questioned, it can/ will be created.

Because I do not think that perfection comes from looking back, but toward the future. In the things that we are bound to create. In the things we are bound to find, to realize, to understand, to explore. In that sense, until the end of time, we should drop perfection as we see it now. We would have no idea.

I didn't think the people of the old would think it's impossible that pictures would move and become animation. The people would never thought that big boxes would bring them places far away and certainly they would never dreamt of flying in metal cylinders with metal wings. And of course, internet. And still, what would the future bring? A big unknown. People are trying to predict what the next big thing is based on  statistics of the past, and well, Black Swan.

I'll end this seemingly short, partial artwork of mine with a profound hope for people who still seek an answer toward their suffering in life, that we are doing fine and fine and not. We are at a phase where we worry about the future too much, where we look from a very partial place we call individuality and personality, from a place called culture, from an imperfect system. And we judge too prematurely. But I guess, the future is still out there, and perfection is a fad, and it's too early to feel worried. Even if we do, it's because we haven't done all that we can from where we are, and it's imperative that we stop and look around us and see that everything's still salvageable and doable.



No comments:

Post a Comment